Join the Uber Career Prep Program and take your STEM skills to the next level with this incredible internship, facilitated by experts in the field. This year-long program will consist of five virtual workshops. Topics will vary for each session covering a range of competencies which include technical interview skills, insights into how top engineers succeed, communication and self-marketing skills, engineering competencies, and more.
- College Students in a U.S., Canada or Brazil based 4-year program
- Community College Transfer Applicant (Will start a 4-year program by Fall 2021)
- Major or concentration in Computer Science or another closely related field
- Demonstrate a dedication to encouraging the Career Prep Program’s mission (you can review the mission above at the top of this page)
- Passion and drive to be successful in the tech industry (this will be assessed via application questions and program interviews)
- Candidates MUST complete this application form
- AND Submit your resume below by clicking “Apply Now”
- Applications Due – Feb 11, 2021 (including resume, transcript, and essay questions)
- Interview Day – Feb 20, 2021
- Program start day – Mar 12, 2021
History of the Program
In 2017, The Hidden Genius Project partnered with Uber to launch a first of its kind Career Prep Program for college engineering students. Our goal was to develop a scalable approach for mentoring and preparing underrepresented students to thrive in tech careers. With the guidance of Uber engineers, this program provides aspiring computer science majors the opportunity to learn technical interview skills, communication, self-marketing skills, and insights into how top engineers succeed.
In 2018, 16 Black male college students from around the nation joined the inaugural cohort and completed the program. On the heels of great success in the first year, this program will continue on to bigger and better heights in 2019.