Join the Uber Career Prep Program and take your STEM skills to the next level in this dynamic software engineering fellows internship. This six-month program will consist of four virtual workshops facilitated by experts in the field. Topics will vary for each session covering a range of competencies which include technical interview skills, insights into how top engineers succeed, communication and self-marketing skills, engineering competencies, and more.
Due to Covid-19, instruction for the 2022 program will be fully virtual. Deadline to apply is January 10, 2022.
- College Students in a U.S., Canada or Mexico based 4-year program
- Community College Transfer Applicant (Will start a 4-year program by Fall 2022)
- Major or concentration in Computer Science or another closely related field
- Demonstrate a dedication to encouraging the Career Prep Program’s mission (you can review the mission above at the top of this page)
- Passion and drive to be successful in the tech industry (this will be assessed via application questions and program interviews)
- Candidates MUST complete this application form
- AND Submit your resume below by clicking “Apply Now”
- Applications Due – Monday, January 10, 2022 (including resume, transcript, and essay questions)
- Interview Scheduling – January 24 – February 4, 2022
- Interview Dates – February 7-18, 2022
- Program start – Week of February 28, 2022
History of the Program
In 2017, The Hidden Genius Project partnered with Uber to launch a first-of-its-kind Career Prep Program for college engineering students. Our goal was to develop a scalable approach for mentoring and preparing young men of color to thrive in technology careers. With the guidance of Uber engineers, this program provides aspiring computer science majors the opportunity to learn technical interview skills, communication, self-marketing skills, and insights into how top engineers succeed. In 2018, 16 Black male college students from around the nation joined the inaugural cohort and completed the program. To date, this program has expanded to serve numerous young people from several countries around the world.