INTRODUCING YOUTH AND ADULTS OF COLOR TO TECH
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2022 // 8:00AM to 2:00PM (local time)
These events are part of the larger Hour of Code initiative in partnership with Kapor Center, focused on introducing people all across the world to the basics of coding education. During these 10th Annual Brothers Code events, young people of color from middle to high school are invited to join us to learn more about the skills and networks that can guide them to exciting opportunities and careers within the technology sector.
At Brothers Code, youth participants will:
- Play with technology while practicing coding and programming skills
- Explore the vast range of career opportunities within the tech sector
- Learn about the various pathways that can lead to participation in the tech sector
- Investigate the various ways they can leverage technology to strengthen their communities and reach their goals
- Network with enthusiastic tech sector professionals from a range of backgrounds
Additionally, we will also host a concurrent program for adults. We invite parents, guardians, teachers, administrators, counselors, champions, and any other interested adults to register and learn how they might support young people to pursue technology pathways.
SELECT A LOCATION AND REGISTER
Breakfast and lunch will be served for all event attendees.
Registration and breakfast begins at 8:00am; programming begins at 9:00am until 2:00pm.
GENERAL VOLUNTEERS NEEDED AT ALL LOCATIONS
We will need general, non-technical volunteers to help with event set-up, people movement, food set-up and distribution, registration, and basic support of the program participants. We also need volunteers to support implementation of the youth and adult program sessions, which include technical skills activities, entrepreneurship projects, and exploration of career pathways.