The Hidden Genius Project / Uber Career Prep Program
Do you want to further develop your skills to prepare yourself for a successful career in tech?
The Hidden Genius Project has partnered with Uber to offer a program that will help you take your skills to the next level, facilitated by experts in the field. This year-long program consists of bi-monthly (Friday) three-hour workshops delivered at Uber’s state of the art offices in San Francisco with content delivered by Uber professionals. Topics will vary for each session covering a range of competencies such as: technical interview skills, insights into how top engineers succeed, communication and self-marketing skills, engineering competencies, and so much more.
Homework assignments are included in the program to expand on learning from workshops, and prepare for the following session. One on one mentorship from Uber engineers and members of Uber's black employee resource group will also be a huge part of your success in this one of a kind experience.
- Sophomores or Juniors in a Bay Area based 4-year program
- Community College Transfer Applicant (Will start a 4-year program by Fall 2018)
- Majoring in Computer Science or closely related field
- Passion and drive to be successful in the tech industry
- Applications Due - Dec 15, 2017 (includes resume, transcript, and essay questions)
- Interview Day - Jan 6, 2018
- Program start day - Jan 27, 2018
After submitting your application, we suggest you study the following topics to prep for the technical interview:
- Understanding of common data structures - arrays, lists, trees, graphs, maps/dictionaries - and how to use them (Data Structures Explained and Example Questions)
- Basic analysis of Big O and runtime complexity (Big O Explained and Example Questions )