The Uber Career Prep Program
The Hidden Genius Project has partnered with Uber to offer a program that will help you take your skills to the next level, facilitated by experts in the field. This year-long program consists of bi-monthly (Friday) three-hour workshops. Topics will vary for each session covering a range of competencies such as: technical interview skills, insights into how top engineers succeed, communication and self-marketing skills, engineering competencies, and so much more.
Homework assignments are included in the program to expand on learning from workshops, and prepare for the following session. One on one mentorship from Uber engineers and members of Uber’s black employee resource group will also be a huge part of your success in this one of a kind experience.
Where will instruction be delivered?
We will determine this once we know where our participants are located. Some instruction will take place at Uber HQ in San Francisco, but we will also make use of our New York Office and virtual classrooms as needed.
Who will cover expenses?
For those outside SF and NYC, there will be some portion of the program that requires program participants to travel. Uber will cover all expenses in those cases (travel, lodging, meals).
- College Students in a U.S. based 4-year program
- Community College Transfer Applicant (Will start a 4-year program by Fall 2019)
- Majoring in Computer Science or closely related field
- Demonstrate a commitment to furthering the Career Prep Program’s mission
- Passion and drive to be successful in the tech industry
- Applications Due – March 14, 2019 (includes resume, transcript, and essay questions)
- Interview Day – March 22, 2019
- Program start day – April 5, 2019