On Wednesday, October 24, 2018, we’ll be hosting our first international Tech Slam in London, England with Team, Inc.! In partnership with Google, Chelsea FC Foundation and a host of collaborators, Tech Slam provides an opportunity for approximately 100 local high school youth in London to learn technical skills and explore a myriad pathways related to the sector—both technical and non-technical. The program will take place at Google’s London Belgrave House and Chelsea FC Stamford Bridge in Fulham, London.
The Tech Slam UK program will include:
- Dialogue with industry professionals and athletes about the various pathways available in sports and technology
- Immersive exhibits that explore how tech influences sports through experiences in Virtual Reality (VR), computer, and material sciences
- Hands-on, interactive computer-based coding activities and a primer on tech-driven sports and analytics
- Tools for school giveaway, including backpacks and school supplies to support academic success, provided by Oakland Natives Give Back
- Press coverage and photo opportunities
Additionally, on Saturday, October 27, 2018 we will partner with Colorintech—a London-based organization dedicated to providing communities underrepresented in tech with equitable access to pathways within the space—to deliver an additional program designed to expose high school youth of color in England to a dynamic array of technology-related opportunities. This event will take place at Huckletree West in London.