Technology is everywhere today, but only a tiny fraction of students are learning how to create technology. Brothers Code is part of the larger movement to introduce youth to tech as part of National Computer Science Education Week.
The Hidden Genius Project and Kapor Center invite young men and women of color in middle and high school to join the 7th annual Brothers Code event, Saturday, December 14, 2019 at Merritt College (Oakland, CA). This event is meant to expose young people to skills and networks that can guide them to exciting opportunities within the tech sector.
At this event, youth participants will:
– Play with technology while practicing coding and programming skills
– Explore the vast range of career opportunities within the tech sector
– Learn about the various opportunity pathways that can lead to participation in the tech sector
– Investigate the various ways they can leverage technology to strengthen their communities and reach their goals
– Network with enthusiastic tech sector professionals from a range of backgrounds