Saturday, December 8, 2018
8:00am to 2:00pm
Merritt College – Huey P. Newton/Bobby Seale Student Lounge.
12500 Campus Drive. Oakland, CA 94619
Breakfast and lunch will be served
At this event, youth participants will:
– Play with technology while practicing coding and programming skills
– Explore the vast range of career opportunities within the tech sector
– Learn about the various opportunity pathways that can lead to participation in the tech sector
– Investigate the various ways they can leverage technology to strengthen their communities and reach their goals
– Network with enthusiastic tech sector professionals from a range of backgrounds
We will also host a concurrent program for adults! We invite parents/guardians, teachers, administrators, counselors, champions, and any other interested adults to register to participate in their own simultaneous program. The adult sessions will help student advocates learn how they might support young people to pursue technology pathways (and participants will get to practice some of the technology skills as well!).
There will also be a session for adult stakeholders to discuss how they might actively support youth entrepreneurs to leverage their skills and ideas to build out their own ventures. Registration and breakfast begins at 8:00am; programming begins at 9:00am, until 2:00pm. Presented by The Hidden Genius Project, in partnership with the Kapor Center for Social Impact.